Breaking!!! City Attorney Tom Lowe Resigns

4:06 pm.  Jeffersonville,   Gawnews reports that city Attorney Tom Lowe has resigned from his post as Jeffesonville City Attorney (corporate). Gawnews understands this is an amicable parting and that Mr. Lowe is grateful for the chance to have served the City and the Moore Administration.

(More later)

(News Tribune Photo credit)

TomLoweLETR

9 comments for “Breaking!!! City Attorney Tom Lowe Resigns

March 15, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Gasp…….why Goliath……is Tom Lowe a ….Yankee?
    OMG!

2. YMC
    March 16, 2013 at 2:41 am

Good for Mr. Lowe.

March 16, 2013 at 1:50 pm

As this is attorney Tom Lowe’s thread,
    I don’t think he will mind a stringer for the GNB re-posting
    some info from the Pesty.
    Mr. Lowe is by all accounts a nice person
    and he has been involved in government,
    so we know he won’t mind sharing his thread
    with some timely information from bro Pesty!
    Pesty has apparantly been traveling on foreign intrigue
    assignments for the G, utilizing his GNB journalist gig as cover.

March 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Posted by Pesty Version 2 on the CCC:
    My answer to Tina: We would have a big, Amsterdam-like canal where my friend Goliath will start by installing some Amsterdam-style coffee houses. In the warmer months, homeless and stuff can bathe and swim in the re-constituted and pure sewer water. We move the ice rink to the frozen tundra like landscape and save $75g that we had formerly spent on the ice rink. We solve the flooding problem of the area and with the money saved by having the canal (I think of it as “The Goliath Canal”) we build a flood water estuary with a diversion gate and by diverting any excess stormwater over onto Clarksville we wash out their whole low lying fields …all the way down to their swimming pool. (Municipal revenge for the abomination of “The River Falls Mall” ). If the coffee house gambit turns profit, Goliath will probably move into other profitable enterprises…like in Amsterdam. With the money pouring in, the City will solve the whole Tenth Street problem and we can have a magneto ‘floating’ public rail system all the way down to Jeff High from I-65. Jules and I will be drooling and laughing all the way to the J.B. Ogle Animal Shelter where due to our new found wealth from our personal tax abatements, we will be able to adopt a houseful of subsidized ‘no kill’ cats and dogs. The best part will be when someone from some fancy pants place like San Francisco or Berlin asks me, “How did your city DO this?!” I will explain….it was all inspired by the high minded and critical thinking of Tina on the Clark County Chatter

5. Lobo, Curse of
    March 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm

“je ne sais que” info
    from The Pesty Version 2
    posted on the CCC:
    MB, Jules and I do NOT drink mocha. How gauche!
    We stick with skinny de-caf lattes with special almond syrup and organic whipped cream for that “je ne sais que” . (And btw, technically, “coffee shops and cafes” are the same thing…except in Amsterdam….oh…I get it, you were going there with me. Cool.)

What I think blows is when the right to live in an informed and progressive community gets thrown in the trash so some can have their 1950’s style regressive Ayn Randian world ….(not that I would be referring to anyone HERE). As for the homeless, hell….they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and make a living from their mental illness…. just like Salvador Dali, Paul Ryan and Larry Craig did. I hear that there’s a good deal of swag they could lay their hands on by merely wandering the alleys of downtown jeff and pilfering garbage cans (Paid for by Peggy Wilder) and dumpsters and the like. I seem to recall that their actual lifestyle is to be envied…they are like American Indians (or Native Americans if you insist on strict political correctness….I haven’t checked your TOS on that point)

Most 100 million dollar developers would be glad to have an encampment of adventureous nomads on the banks of the canal. Perhaps we can hand out flutes and other musical instruments and encourage native musical talent and street buskers. (Another Amsterdam inspired idea). As for unicorn petting zoos. I didn’t feel I could mention the word “petting” so I just left that out. But as an administrator you have shown me my error. Cool…thanks.

6. COUGHbullshitCOUGH
    March 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm

What a crock of BS.

7. March 16, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Pesty’s comments are usually mostly BS.

8. CoughBullshitCough
    March 21, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Talking about the love letter from City Hall above. Pesty’s rant is much less phony.

Good for Lowe for having the sense to leave this circus on his own terms with career intact.

9. March 23, 2013 at 2:51 am

Best of luck my friend. Send us a postcard!