I thought it might be a good time to post some tips on how to be an effective poster on the CCC. Some people may worry whether they can be credible
posters. Before you consider jumping in to the fray and matching wits with the
denizens of the CCC take a moment and see if you can follow my tips here.
If so, you have a promising career ahead of you! Here are a few thoughts:
1. Be sure and start your own thread and then you can lord it over subsequent posters based on the authority conferred by being the “OP” (original poster).
2. Be sure and weave into your post your ‘support for the U.S. Military Service Men and Women” That way, if any one disagrees with what you have said…you can always jump down their throat on the grounds that they are not patriotic. (You can also use your “anti-child sex abuse” position for this, or “Christianity”)
3. If someone actually calls you on your bullshit…come right back and slam them with innuendo
or outright accusations about their courage, personal integrity, prior drug use, sexual promiscuity, poor breeding, lack of ‘real world experience’, or inability to handle themselves in
an actual fistfight (or handle a firearm). Insult their sexuality, lack of masculinity or lack of
feminity. Accuse them of being a poor parent. Feel free to state that your opponent “doesn’t
have a life” and is ‘on the computer all the time’ (don’t worry about the irony of such a claim),
4. If all that fails, you can always PM the moderators or administrator of the site. Deluge them
with complaints about the poster you don’t like and make their life miserable.
5. If THAT fails, then feel free to ‘cyber-stalk’ your opponent. Google their online names and
see where else that name appears. Then, post it all on the Chatter as ‘your right’ since “Hey,
it’s the internet age!”
6. Spend time cultivating other posters who share your personal views so you can call on them
for support when you get your flame war going.
7. If you are discussing a matter that touches, in any way, on the military or war or terrorism,
make sure to inquire if your opponent ‘actually served’ in the military. If you don’t get an immediate answer in the affirmative, proceed to belittle the poster’s views as “you could NEVER
understand” -type comments. If it turns out they DID serve…be sure to state “We thank you
for your service” and then proceed (see #3 above).
8. Feel free to jump down the throat of any poster who demonstrates an interest or knowledge in art, history, literature, science, engineering or any subject that requires “book l’arnin’ “
They are ELITISTS! Don’t hesitate to suggest their knowledge is just a slick way to subvert
true American values. Question their masculinity if they are a man. If the poster is a female,
insinuate that they probably aren’t very attractive….that’s why they are interested in ‘so called
9. Vent umbrage at any post or poster that call into question the sincerity of your religious commitment/belief. You can really take the high road here and say almost anything you
10. Follow your opponent’s posts with care if you are bested in a ‘debate’. No doubt sometime
later they will make a mistake. Then feel free to jump in with both feet and remind them and
the forum of how they ‘attacked’ you (cite what thread and when it happened).