Mayor Fights for Indiana on Bridge

ONce again Gawnews tips it’s hat to  Mayor Mike Moore.  The news is that the East End Bridge appears to be all dolled up on the Kentucky side to look good for all those “river ridge” types in Prospect   what with their fancy aesthetic tastes.  However,  somebody done forgot that GOLIATH  and other Southern Indiana lovers have aesthetic standards too.   The State of Indiana INDOT and whatnot,  have apparently failed to keep up with the Kentuckians. And let Goliath just say…its a very very sad day when Kentuckians are ahead of Hoosiers when it comes to aesthetics.  Here’s the story as presented a week or so ago in the NT:  http://newsandtribune.com/local/x319969975/Jeffersonville-officials-say-Indiana-being-slighted-by-bridges-aesthetics

And who is doing  ANYTHING about this sleight?  Mayor Mike Moore.

The Courier Journal reports: ” Moore said he understands the need to rein in project costs, but not at the expense of one state over the other.

“They’ve done a very good job in complementing the entrance to Kentucky, and I’m going to fight tooth and nail to get the same for Indiana,” Moore said.”

Here’s the story: http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130504/NEWS02/305040209/Bridge-aesthetics-landscaping-Jeffersonville-Prospect

Moore is rightly upset that Indiana is not being treated fairly in this matter and  here at Gawnews we THANK HIM for sticking up, not just for Jeff but for all of Indiana.  We encourage other community and political leaders to back him in this mission.

8 comments for “Mayor Fights for Indiana on Bridge

1. Leah
    May 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Pictures of both states approaches over on The47130:

Note: shameless Pesty-like blog plug.

2. Brian Coffman
    May 9, 2013 at 2:32 am

This is way off topic but has anyone heard from Zip lately? If Big G keeps talking good about The Mayor I fear that we may stop hearing from him.

May 9, 2013 at 3:05 am

Mason-Dixon Line.
    Indianapolis could care care.
    Sorry.

May 9, 2013 at 3:13 am

Southern boundary of Pennslyvania.
    Mason amd Dixon were surveyors…….
    Southern boundary of Pennsylvania.
    Dividing line with Maryland.
    Nothing below Columbus, Indiana, counts.
    The historic line
    between the North and the South.
    The educational system is weak.
    Truth is needed.

5. zip
    May 9, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I’m still here; I have just been very busy with my Chippendale shows. My old school bus broke down, but I got some hippies to fix it and give it a very cool paint job. But then, at my last show, my thong got caught on a stage prop and that caused me to fall and break my big toe. I tried to jump back on the stage, but it was just too high for me to make it. One of my lady fans picked me up and got me back up there. Then when I got back to my bus, I found that I was robbed. Witnesses said it was an older lady wearing a tin foil hat. I have since learned my used thongs are being sold on E-bay. I will try to post more often, but I’m also taking a night class to be a hair dresser. There is a very pretty lady who promised me a date if I could tame her wild hair 

6. May 10, 2013 at 2:47 am

You talkin’ bout me? lol

Heard wild hair, it was like someone lit up the bat-signal..hahaha.

We’ve missed you Zip, sorry about your thong. You can get a limited edition GNB thong or banana hammock at the GAW online store.

7. Brian Coffman
    May 10, 2013 at 3:44 am

I looked over on leah47130 for those pictures. It was not as bad as I thought. I was expecting The KY side to have a replica of The Arc De Triumph and Golden Gate Bridge all rolled into on while The IN side had a troll with a book of riddles at this end. I guess my expectations were too high. Of course none of it matters because I am standing by my position that the bridge will not be built (well not actually opened) until about a week after we get flying cars like on The Jetsons and bridges are no longer needed.

8. May 11, 2013 at 1:16 am

Brian, I hear we are getting flying cars soon. That will be awesome too.